Choosing the right CMMS solution that fits your agenda perfectly and is appropriate for your business is not an easy task. Every business is unique in its own way and not all maintenance departments perform the same kind of tasks. While some of them might lack a full-fledged maintenance department itself, some others maybe focusing on corrective maintenance more than that of preventive maintenance solutions.
You need to determine the specific criteria for your business, before which you won’t be able to find the right CMMS that fits the best in the workflow of your organization. How do we make this process of developing a set criteria, a less stressful task? By asking the right questions and figuring out the right answers, you will end up with definitive criteria that can help you in getting the best CMMS cloud software for your company. With the right CMMS, you will be able to transform the entire look and feel of your business by increasing your productivity multifold in the long run. Let’s take a look at how you can choose the right CMMS for your business.
The ‘To Have List’ before you look for a CMMS:
Gather your team consisting of members of all your departments for selection of CMMS, especially those working in the maintenance management department.
State and analyze your requirements and needs to fix the features that you will require from the CMMS in order to shift your entire maintenance management process to the software solution. If you are shifting from an existing CMMS to a more advanced one, consider the pain points in your existing CMMS and look for features that can fix those for you.
Some simple questions to ask your vendor before settling on the right CMMS:
- Do they have a demo? Never ever jump into a software system without testing it firsthand. Only go for it after the vendor spends their time to demonstrate the pros and cons of the software so that you can take an informed decision on which CMMS to choose. Check the features of the CMMS against your criteria to evaluate compatibility.
- Is the software niche specific? Not all CMMS solutions are designed to cater to generalized businesses. Some of them are designed specifically for certain kind of business. So if you can find a CMMS build for your niche specifically, then give it a shot.
- Is it user-friendly? You should be able to use the CMMS without any usability issues. You shouldn’t be spending your time and money on figuring out how to use the software effectively. The software shouldn’t be designed to be used only by the tech-savvy, even your ground staff should be able to use it effectively with minimal training.
- Is it installable or cloud-based? If you are looking for a cloud-based CMMS solution, it will most probably be hosted on the servers of the same provider. If you have a fast and stable internet connection at your point of operations, you can go with this sort of service. The initial setup cost is also less with these type of solutions. However, the installed CMMS is hosted on your computers and you need a dedicated IT team to manage the functionalities of it.
- Do you understand the price structure well? Avoid a software with hidden costs at all times. Make sure that your vendor explains all about their fee structure in detail before you invest a single penny. Explain them about your requirements and mention the rate you are willing to spend it over time.
Some of you might consider yourself to be tech-savvy and think that you don’t need any help from a vendor and can do it all by yourself. Many people have lost money and valuable time by going that route. The help of an experienced CMMS vendor with credible knowledge and the ability to get the tasks done can go a long way. Support is something that is very important for businesses as you don’t want to stop operations due to a bug in the software.
I hope this article was useful for you to learn about the importance of choosing the right CMMS and how it can help you to improve your business. If you have any doubts with regards to this, let us know through the comments and we will be glad to help you out. If you have any suggestions regarding how we can improve the article, let us know them through the comments as well for us to improve.