When people decide on a tattoo it is usually the spur of the moment impulse, a drunk impulse or when pressurized by friends. However, there are few people who go to a tattoo studio because they are fully aware of what they want, why they want the tattoo, how it should look, where on their body they want the tattoo, the size of the tattoo, the color of the tattoo, and things like these.
In this article, the etiquettes around visiting tattoo studios have been explained:
Manners before visiting a tattoo studio
- Before visiting a tattoo studio, one need to know or at least have a rough idea as to what they want to tattoo or where they want to get tattooed.
- One should not go on an impulse especially as tattoos are permanent.
- Before coming into the tattoo studio, the individual should at least be aware of what is needed. They can come check the catalogue to zero in on the design and to refine their idea further as well. But the initial seed is needed before entering the studio.
- One should bathe and ensure they aren’t stinking of body odor else the tattoo artist will have to put up with the stink for hours on end. One should also ensure that the part they are getting tattooed on is well washed.
Etiquettes when at the tattoo studio
- When one enters the studio they should be able to clearly communicate what they want to be tattooed. This helps save a lot of time, effort and frustration on the part of the customer and also the tattoo artist.
- If one has pictures or some sort of material to further explain, it is even better and more desirable than explaining in thin air
- One should never ask the tattoo artist for their advice if they do not want to work on their advice
- In case one has an initial thought but that is shot down by the tattoo artist, one should not feel bad about it, as the tattoo artist has a lot more experience and knows what is best and why it will not work
- One should never visit a tattoo studio under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. If one is drunk or under the influence of alcohol, the chances of bleeding profusely increase even further.
- If during the tattoo the individual feels as if they are going to pass out – they need to mention this to the tattoo artist who can take the necessary steps, rather than just fainting and the poor tattooist having no clue as to why it happened.
- Some tattoo artists like to work in silence and so the visitor should make sure not to continuously have conversations with them as they are likely to lose concentration. One should check with the tattoo artist if they are comfortable with continuing with a conversation while they work.
- One should not come to the tattoo studio accompanied by a whole lot of friends. Some artists do not allow anyone to accompany the person who is getting tattooed. Though some might allow one more person to be there.
- One should never come to the tattoo studio with children as there are a number of equipments which are hazardous. While the tattoo artist is busy tattooing and the adult is getting tattooed, the child can run amok and either chokes on needles, spill ink or destroy some design. There are also a number of adult designs which are in the catalogue which are not appropriate for children to see. With this article, you’ll surely helpful for finding the finest tattoo studio for your body to apply beautiful temporary & permanent tattoos now!
Summary: A tattoo artist is a specific person, who applies permanent decorative tattoos, regularly in an established business called a “tattoo shop,” “tattoo studio” or ‘”tattoo parlour.