In current times, there has been tough competition not just in professional but academic life too. It is the academic life, and terms that set an individual apart from others, and pave their way for a more aligned and successful career ahead. Although success can only be checked in the form of grades or the aggregate GPA of a student, it can also be monitored through the way an individual manages their daily routines and gives time to look after their study, entertainment, health and socializing factors too. However, the biggest advantage a student will ever have comes from planning their next steps, and this is what makes them successful and sets them apart from the crowd. Habits such as these can make a real difference and if followed, can make anyone successful and rewarding.
#1: They Follow Learning Style that Suits them
Humans have intelligence as their biggest advantage, and everyone should know how it transcends and can help in understanding logic, and the art of any other form of study we wish to incorporate in our terms. According to Professor Howard Gardner, who teaches Education at Harvard University, humans can express intelligence in eight ways. Every student, in turn, can use one or a compilation of these to reach the top.
- Verbal or linguistic intelligence comes from writing things down in repetition.
- Logical or mathematical comes from taking challenges such as a puzzle or playing chess.
- Spatial or visual is inclined towards drawing things and connecting to visual appearances.
- Bodily or Kinesthetic comes from using your body to either take notes or using a form of body movement to remember things.
- Musical is aligned with any form of music that helps you enhance your intelligence.
- Interpersonal is easily enhanced by using group study methods or telling stories to yourself.
- Naturalistic intelligence comes from being part of the environment and harnesses its energy to feel connected with the content. Many prefer studying in parks and in mornings or studying in libraries or at night.
- Existential helps connect to the big picture and the main concepts and ideas behind a certain framework.
#2: They Make a Study Plan
Many students ask for effective tips on how to be successful in college. The easiest of study tips is to follow the techniques of breaking your lesson, study materials into portions and make a plan that you can try to stick to. Although there can be many term paper writing services that can help you make a study plan, it is still a better approach to make one as per your own feasibility and needs, so that you have enough time daily to study and recreational activities.
#3: They Use Mind Mapping
This habit is rare and is only applied by the brightest minds. Mind mapping strategies can be complex, but one of the most interesting ways students can get successful. Our mind responds to colors and codes, and it learns that way and remembers new things in the form of memories and pictures. Hence, mind mapping can make a picture of your lesson plan and key points in the form of a tree, while certain important points can be given color codes, to help our mind differentiate between the key ideas to emphasize on. You may also create the various list to ensure your success.
#4: They Do Not Study for extended periods
One of the best tips for exams to pass is not studying for a great length on a continuous basis. Our brain needs some form of break in order to stay fresh. Although people may call it as a distraction, try making a plan where you study an hour every day at minimum. If exams are near, successful students study for 45 minutes and then take a break of 5 or 10 minutes to feel fresh and start again. Moreover, never compromise on your sleep, unless it is necessary
#5: They Stay Focused
Staying focused here means not to procrastinate. Every man has the tendency either to keep things to the last moment or to start as late as possible. It stops our brain from using its full potential to learn new skills, thoughts and then link them to existing ones. Starting to study in advance, stick to a dedicated plan, following lesson plans on regular basis and revising them is the key here.
There is no definition of what being successful is. However, everyone can follow basic tips, stay focused, plan and align their intelligence in a way that it benefits them, to become the brightest.