There is nothing more paramount than security in WordPress website. There have been several hacking attacks on the digital world by malicious hackers recently. They not just alarmed the WordPress users but also the developers. For developer’s community, it is an opportunity to secure the WordPress even more efficiently.
The best way to keep the track of your WordPress security is by using WordPress security plugin. In addition to that, there are loads of security plugins present in the directory of WordPress. All that matters is to choose the right one.
In this post, I will help you to make that decision easily. Featuring the top five WordPress plugins which will help you to strengthen up your WordPress security.
Let’s get started,
If you’re looking for a security plugin that gives your WordPress website security in 30+ ways, then ITheme Security is the right option to opt for. Most of the security plugin usually hide the major areas of your WordPress website and that’s it.
The best part of IThemes Security is it not only hide your crucial WordPress areas, but also give protection to the files of your WordPress website as well. It has the capability to block the brute force login attempts and can easily detect the threats that have come in your way.
It is very simple to install and activate. Let’s check some of the features worth looking at IThemes Security,
- Awesome Two-factor Authentication.
- Easy to schedule a malware scan.
- Easy to make your passwords strong from the profile screen.
- In order to protect you from the spammers, it also empowers you with Google reCAPTCHA.
- Effectively neutralize brute force attack.
- Can change the login URLs for the WordPress login and admin area.
All in One WP Security and Firewall
All in One WP Security and Firewall is a complete, stable, easy to use and very well supported WordPress Security plugin. It is a common belief that WordPress itself is a very secure platform. Still, since the attacks are still rising, which makes it paramount to add a security plugin to ensure the neutralization of these kinds of attacks?
All in One WP Security and Firewall is a whole new level of website security. It is very easy to monitor the security level of your website with All in one WP Security and Firewall. It has a unique system that rates your security level as per the number of security features marked active.
This WordPress plugin is 100 percent free and it doesn’t slow your website down. Some of its features are,
- A strong and firm User’s account security.
- Robust User login security with login lockdown features.
- Incredible User Registration security to minimize the number of spams.
- A firm database security with scheduled backups and email notifications.
- Easy to backup and restore .htaccess and wp-config.php files.
Sucuri Security is one of the most popular WordPress security plugins of all time. The Sucuri Security plugin is free for all the WordPress users. Sucuri is a security suit, which means it provides complete security to your WordPress website from top to bottom. As it is a suit, it will not disable your previous security arrangements and complements them.
This powerful integration has made over two millions of people who have actively installed this incredible security plugin. It’s common area of actions is,
- Security Activity Auditing
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Remote Malware Scanning
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Effective Security Hardening
- Post-Hack Security Actions
- Security Notifications
- Website Firewall (add on)
With about 22 million downloads and 2+million active installs, WordFence Security is the most popular WordPress security plugin. WordFence is totally free and available as open source software.
There is a premium version of the plugin available. If you want you can opt for it to get services like Country Blocking, Password Auditing. Premium Support, Scheduled scans, two-factor authenticator and real time update to threat defense feed.
Some of its features that are worth noting are,
- Efficient WordPress firewall to stop malicious traffic and hackers.
- Threat defense feed which automatically updates the firewall rules to protect you.
- Incredible two-factor authenticator.
- Easy to scan core files, themes, and plugins. It can also easily scan 44,000 WordPress security threats.
- It also enables you to see all the traffic whether it is human or robot.
- Also, supports multisite and plugins and themes like WooCommerce.
With over one hundred thousand plus active installs, the BulletProof Security is also very popular among the people. Till now, they have over 2+ million downloads. It is a very efficient security system.
Some of its features in a nutshell are,
- Simple One-Click Setup Wizard
- An Easy Setup Wizard Auto Fix (Auto Whitelist | Auto Setup | Auto Cleanup)
- Reliable .htaccess Website Security Protection (Firewalls)
- Efficiently hidden Plugin Folders | Files Cron (HPF)
- Robust Login Security & Monitoring
- Awesome Idle Session Logout (ISL)
- Auth Cookie Expiration (ACE)
- DataBase Backup: Full | Partial DataBase Backups | Manual | Scheduled DataBase Backups | Email Zip Backups | Cron Delete Old Backups
- DataBase Backup Logging
- DataBase Table Prefix Changer
- Security Logging
- HTTP Error Logging
- FrontEnd | BackEnd Maintenance Mode
- UI Theme Skin Changer (3 Theme Skins)
- Extensive System Info
Wrapping it Up
So, these are the plugins that will harden your WordPress Website Security and keep your WordPress website safe and sound from the malicious hacker and other elements of danger.
Additionally most popular WordPress plugin to keep your WordPress site more safe from broken links or dead connections is Broken Link Checker WordPress Plugin. You can likewise check to get more information about the Broken Link Checker WordPress Plugin and introduce it to stay away from broken links now.
Allow me to recap the Plugins I mentioned above,
- IThemes Security.
- All in One WP Security and Firewall.
- Sucuri Security.
- WordFence Security.
- BulletProof Security.
Do you like this post? How would you handle a security breach on your website? Do tell us via comments. Till then have a good one.