In India, it is absolutely mandatory under the Motor Vehicle Act 1988 that every vehicle should have an insurance policy before it is use don the road by an owner. If you are caught driving your vehicle without an insurance policy, then you might face legal consequences (Heavy fine or at least six months Imprisonment and at times, both).
If you drive a two wheeler, make sure you keep its insurance policy in check and prevent it from lapsing every year. A two wheeler insurance policy makes you legally right to drive your vehicle on the road and prevents your emergency expenses and losses. All your accidental and non-accidental damages along with the third party claim/compensation are covered and it is made sure that you get amazing benefits and add-ons on maintenance services.
How to get a two wheeler insurance policy?
It is very easy to buy a new two-wheeler insurance policy online these days. The steps mentioned will help you in getting insurance policy:
- You just have to go to the insurance company’s official website.
- Go through various policies and plans available on the site.
- Choose a policy that is suitable for you as per the requirements and budget.
- Fill in all the details correctly and completely; submit it with necessary listeddocuments.
- Pay the insurance premium amount.
After this, company will check and process your application immediately. After everything is found okay, you will get an insurance policy to enjoy your rides to the fullest.
The other way is offline mode where you meet insurance company’s agent and submit all the hard copies along with the fees.
It is always recommended that before buying a two wheeler insurance policy, you must compare themwith each other.
What is offered by a two-wheeler insurance policy?
A two-wheeler insurance policy provides you entire damage cover arising due to or under various situations as mentioned here:
- Man Made calamities:These include situation such as riots (communal/non-communal), theft, robbery, strike, in transit (via road/rail/waterways/air) damages, terrorist attacks.
- Natural Calamities: The calamities included are fire/flood/earthquake/ storm/hurricane/cyclone/landslides/cloud burst/explosion/Lightning etc.
- Accidental and Non-accidental Cover:Minor/Major damages incurring on your vehicle due to accidental or non-accidental cases.
- Personal Loss Cover:Personal loss cover is provided up to 50k or above for the loss of your personal valuable things or items while driving.
Third Party Compensation
Third Party Coverage or compensation under these insurance policies makes you legally strong and safe. Company provides complete coverage or claim made by the third party in case of accident or any other situation that lead to his/her loss and destruction.
You are not supposed to get scared or frightened in case you have created a mishap that lead to the loss or excessive damage of another party involved as your two wheeler insurance plan will support you strongly even if the claim by third party is very high.
Even the death cases are also handled under the insurance plan.